Monday, April 9, 2012

Home Stretch: Week 36

Today is a big day in the land o' pregnancy. 36 weeks is when the doctor is kind enough to add extra pressure to your already achy lady parts. There was definitely a bit of discomfort (and by bit I mean I demanded an epidural) at today's appointment. During the exam I was thinking, "I don't remember feeling like this when I was pregnant with Addison...hmmm...owww...son of.....owww."

Then the doctor proceeded to explain how low the baby is and that I am currently 2 cm dilated. AHHH...HA! That explains it. I didn't feel like this with Addis because I never dilated. I went two weeks late and was induced. Needless to say the discomfort flew from my brain and I immediately began a pregnancy dance. I was not wearing pants and I am also not very agile so the dancing was in my head but I was BREAKING IT DOWN!

This was refreshing news. The past few weeks have been full of all types of pregnancy related "things" (just in case you are about to eat or want to eat in the next week) that I was sure meant labor was progressing. Even though this is not our first pregnancy many of these labor signs are brand new to me. These signals, aches, pains, and moments of "What the hell was that?" are all great signs that point toward the arrival of our sweet girl.

Today is my birthday. Today I spent the morning listening to Coralyn's heartbeat with Eddie and Addison. Pretty spectacular way to celebrate life. Mine, hers, and all of ours. Now we give thanks, pack bags, and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment